Tara Road Medical Centre, Papamoa
The FLU vaccinations have arrived. Everybody who is eligible can come in or make appointment to get vaccinated for the FLU. Remember you need TWO weeks between the FLU and the COVID vaccination.
- COVID LEVEL 1
- We are OPEN to all patients; but are also TRIAGING as per Ministry of Health Guidelines.
- If you or your child has FEVER, COLD-like, FLU-like or CORONA-like symptoms then:
- PHONE US FIRST IF YOU CAN FOR ADVICE
- We will talk to you over the phone and advice you when to come in for a further assessment (and when needed a COVID-19 swab)
- Visit https://covid19.govt.nz/ for any up to date information on COVID or or https://covid19.bopdhb.govt.nz/ for local COVID news.
- COVID VACCINATION UPDATE:
The DHB is currently offering the COVID vaccine to Groups 1, 2 and 3 which include:
• Border workers and their household contacts
• Frontline healthcare workers
• Māori and Pacific kaumātua and their whānau
• People aged 65 years and older
• People aged 16 years and older with some underlying health conditions
• People with disabilities and their carers
• Pregnant people.
Getting early access
If you have an underlying health condition, you’re more at risk of getting very sick from COVID-19.
You can get early access to the COVID-19 vaccine if you’re aged 16 years and over, and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- you have a health condition that means you’re eligible for a free publicly-funded flu vaccination, including pregnant people. Eligibility criteria: Influenza vaccination
- you have been diagnosed with a severe mental illness (which includes schizophrenia, major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder or schizoaffective disorder, and adults currently accessing secondary and tertiary mental health and addiction services)
- you have poorly controlled or severe hypertension (hypertension is another name for high blood pressure). In this case, severe is defined as requiring two or more medications for control
- you’re severely obese (defined as a BMI of 40 or higher). BMI calculator
BOOK YOUR VACCINATION NOW: Western Bay 0800 829 000
Tara Road Medical Centre is a beautiful, modern, and purpose-built surgery in Papamoa, conveniently situated at the corner of Tara Road, Parton Road and Te Okura Drive. We aspire to offer the highest quality medical and surgical care for our patients in a convenient manner. Our staff is friendly, well trained and highly motivated to offer you a wide range of services. We offer both routine appointments and also emergency or acute care. We have easy parking and a dispensing pharmacy and physiotherapist conveniently next to us.