Tara Road Medical Centre, Papamoa
- COVID LEVEL 4
- We are open for Covid swabbing for those with symptoms.
- What to do if you have been at a location of interest during the relevant time? Please get a test immediately, self-isolate and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453. If you were not at the location of interest at the relevant time, you do not need to be tested.
- For those who have been at a location of interest during the relevant time, it is likely you will need more than one test, so you must continue to isolate until you have spoken to Healthline. They will advise you and your household members on what you need to do. Please follow their advice to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- We are OPEN to all patients who require to be seen on the day; all other appointments can be done either over the phone or virtual on request.
- If you or your child has FEVER, COLD-like, FLU-like or CORONA-like symptoms then:
- PHONE US FIRST IF YOU CAN FOR ADVICE
- We will talk to you over the phone and advice you when to come in for a further assessment (and when needed a COVID-19 swab)
- Visit https://covid19.govt.nz/ for any up to date information on COVID or or https://covid19.bopdhb.govt.nz/ for local COVID news.
- COVID VACCINATION UPDATE:
The DHB is currently offering the COVID vaccine to :
If you are aged 40 or over, or you are in Groups 1, 2, or 3, you can book your vaccinations now.
From Friday 20 August, as parents or guardians become eligible to book for a vaccination, they can also book in a vaccination for any 12 to 15-year-olds in their whānau.
Bookings for people aged 30 and over open 25 August, and for everyone aged 12 and over on 1 September.
When it is your time to book, there is no cut off — you can book any time.
Getting early access
If you have an underlying health condition, you’re more at risk of getting very sick from COVID-19.
You can get early access to the COVID-19 vaccine if you’re aged 16 years and over, and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- you have a health condition that means you’re eligible for a free publicly-funded flu vaccination, including pregnant people. Eligibility criteria: Influenza vaccination
- you have been diagnosed with a severe mental illness (which includes schizophrenia, major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder or schizoaffective disorder, and adults currently accessing secondary and tertiary mental health and addiction services)
- you have poorly controlled or severe hypertension (hypertension is another name for high blood pressure). In this case, severe is defined as requiring two or more medications for control
- you’re severely obese (defined as a BMI of 40 or higher). BMI calculator
BOOK YOUR VACCINATION NOW: Western Bay 0800 829 000
Tara Road Medical Centre is a beautiful, modern, and purpose-built surgery in Papamoa, conveniently situated at the corner of Tara Road, Parton Road and Te Okura Drive. We aspire to offer the highest quality medical and surgical care for our patients in a convenient manner. Our staff is friendly, well trained and highly motivated to offer you a wide range of services. We offer both routine appointments and also emergency or acute care. We have easy parking and a dispensing pharmacy and physiotherapist conveniently next to us.